Sold for $674,900. Bella Casa Partners took started working with the homeowner after the house had been listed for 8+ months with little interest. Without changing the price, we applied our emphasis on visual presentation to obtain a full price contract with no subsidy for our client with multiple offers presented.
Bella Casa Partners presents this 3 bedroom, 3.5 bathroom townhouse located in the sought after Overlook community in Alexandria, Virginia.
This home offers its new owner a light-filled end unit on a corner lot with plantation shutters on every window as a high-end upgrade, great entertaining space inside and out, an oversized Master Suite for a private relaxation space, and a lower level with a soaring 14 foot ceiling and three walls of windows for a livabilty feature that is rarely-found in a townhouse.
Overlook is located just inside the Beltway, with immediate access to 395/495/95 and a bus to the Pentagon that you can catch with less than a 5-minute walk from the front door. The Van Dorn Metro is located less than a 5-minute drive. Dining, shopping, recreational, and cultural options found in Washington DC, Old Town Alexandria, Arlington, and Tysons are within easy reach. A wide range of the regular Life necessities are all within 10-15 minutes from Overlook.
When entering the Community, you enjoy a drive up a winding, tree-lined avenue, which gives Overlook a feeling of calm apart from the rush of daily Life. Overlook surrounds Fairfax County's Bren Mar Park, with its mature trees and walking trails. These green space features are rarely found in a community located inside the Beltway. When living in Overlook, these features are yours to enjoy just outside this home.
- The home has a brick front with a 2nd story entrance and a covered front porch. The home opens to a tall entry with a new pendant light fixture that provides a design focal point for the main level.
- Inside the entry, the home opens to the main living space, which has been newly painted with Benjamin Moore paint in a warm, nuetral beige color. The entire main level has hardwood floors and crown molding.
- As an end unit with more windows, natural light floods each space within the home. The 3-level bump out provides additional windows for even more light in the kitchen area, the Master Bedroom, and the lower level.
- An added benefit that the new homeowner will enjoy is every window has high-end plantation shutters. With this feature, the homeowner can adjust the amount of natural light to suit their need or mood.
- Located at the front of the home, the Living Room and Dining Room areas have crown molding and chair rail trim, with a large, arched front window providing both natural light and architectural drama. A new, designer-chosen candelabra fixture in the Dining Room provides a focal point for this space.
- The kitchen has granite counters, maple cabinets, and stainless steel appliances, including a island downdraft cooktop. The island has an overhang gives the homeowner working space or a spot for informal dining.
- The open kitchen is adjacent to the main entertaining space, which provides ample room for two separate seating areas, with three walls of windows and a gas fireplace. The kitchen and adjacent space also have crown molding.
- The wrap-around deck is accessed from the kitchen through a sliding door, which also has plantation shutters. A 3-story tall tree immediately behind the home provides privacy and shade during three seasons, for both the deck and the Master Bedroom.
- The Master Bedroom suite is large enough to make a king-size bed look small, with three walls of windows and a vaulted ceiling to provide an ever greater feeling of space. The suite has space for a separate desk or lounging area which allows for a quiet nap or relaxing read of a favorite book.
- The Master suite has two walk-in closets.
- The Master Bathroom has separate vanities, with a soaking tub, separate shower, and upgraded lights, framed mirrors, and fixtures.
- The second and third bedrooms are located at the front of the home. Each bedroom hasa double door closet and ceiling fan. As with the other windows, each bedroom window has plantation shutters to adjust the natural light level.
- The laundry is located on the bedroom level, with an Electrolux front-load washer and dryer on pedestals. The laundry also has overhead cabinets for easy storage and access to laundry essentials.
- The lower level has 14 foot high ceilings, with three walls of windows. This level also has a gas fireplace with flanking built-in bookshelves. The fenced-in, wrap-around Flagstone patio is accessed from this level through a sliding glass door, which also has plantation shutters.
- This home offers many nice details for the new owner to enjoy, which include updated brushed nickel door hardware, including hinges, on every door and upgraded light fixtures throughout the home.
- The house has built-in speakers on all three levels for easy pairing with a Sonos or other sound system.
- The 2-car garage has a single garage door with a belt-drive opener for quiet operation. The opener also has a wireless system that allows the homeowner to check if the garage door is open, then remotely close the door for security.
- The garage has two separate built-in storage areas. The new homeowner can also take advantage of a freezer in the garage, which will convey with the house.
- For additional parking, the house has a driveway large enough for two cars. Visitor parking is located just outside the front door, adjacent to the large open grassy common area that is directly across from the home.
- For the gardener or conservation-minded homeowner, the home has a 50-gallon rain barrel installed to a downspout, with a spigot for regular use.
- The landscaping around the home has been professionally designed and installed, with low- to no-mainteance hardscape and plantings, which include Crepe myrtles to provide three season color and interest.